Chinese Jian Sword 1095 Folded Steel with Brass fittings
Approximate Size: Handle Length 18 (cm) / Blade Length 74 (cm)
Weight: 1.55 Kg (13 Folds 8192 layers)
Material: 1095 folded Carbon Steel
Blade: Fully Sharpened
Condition: Brand New
Features of this Chinese Jian Sword:
Blade: 1095 folded Carbon Steel (13 Folds 8192 layers)
Blood Groove: non
Blade Edge: fully sharpened
Habaki (Blade Collar) & Seppa (Spacer) Material: brass
Tsuba (Hand Guard): high quality handmade brass guard
Fuchi (Handle Collar) and Kashira (Handle Buttcap): matching brass
Tsuka (Handle): authentic high quality rose wood
Tang: 1 Mekugi pegs
Saya (scabbard): authentic high quality rose wood
Sword Bag: silk sword bag
The jian is a double-edged straight sword used during the last 2,500 years in China. The first Chinese sources that mention the jian date to the 7th century BCE during the Spring and Autumn Period. one of the earliest specimens being the Sword of Goujian.
This is the Tai Chi Kung Fu Chinese Jian 1095 folded Steel Sword. Built for serious practitioners, this jian has been forged with perfect balance and flexibility. The blade of the jian has been constructed from 1095 folded steel with a chrome finish.
- Blade: The blade of the Jian has been constructed from through hardened forge folded 1095 carbon steel. It has been folded 13 times, creating 8192 grain layers. The sword is fully capable of being used on traditional targets. The blade is full tang and sharp.
- Scabbard: The scabbard is masterfully done with the wood contouring to the shape of the sword. The pommel of the scabbard is brass with a flower design on each side. The scabbard throat fits seamlessly into to the guard.
- Guard: The guard is polished brass with carved Chinese flowers design.
- Handle: The handle is natural rosewood with a brass pommel also features carved Chinese flowers design. A high quality yellow tassel is attached onto the tip of pommel.
- The jian includes a high quality silk bag.
- Handmade 1095 Carbon Steel Blade (13 folds, 8192 layers).
- The blade is full tang and sharp.
- Scabbard: The scabbard is a high quality rosewood with brass fittings.
- Handle: The habaki is brass. The tang is singled pinned