1095 Folded Steel Chinese Jian Hand Craft Brass Fittings
Hoja: Hand Forged Carbon Steel 1095 (13 folds, 8192 layers)
Ranura de Sangre: No
Filo de Hoja: afilado
Material de Habaki (Collar de Hoja) y Seppa (Espaciador): Latón
Tsuba (Guardamano): handmade brass handguard
Fuchi (Collar de Empuñadura) y Kashira (Base de Empuñadura): Latón hecho a mano
Tsuka (Mango): rosewood with handmade brass pommel
Espiga (o Tang): Espiga Completa
Vaina: rosewood scabbard with handmade brass fittings
Largo de Hoja: 75cm
Largo de Empuñadura: 18cm
Peso Aproximado: 1.7 KG
Ancho de Hoja: 3.8cm
Grosor de Hoja: 0.85cm
The jian is a double-edged straight sword used during the last 2,500 years in China. The first Chinese sources that mention the jian date to the 7th century BCE during the Spring and Autumn Period. one of the earliest specimens being the Sword of Goujian.
This is the Tai Chi Kung Fu Chinese Jian 1095 foldedSteel Sword. Built for serious practitioners, this jian has been forged with perfect balance and flexibility. The blade of the jian has been constructed from 1095 folded steel. It features brass fitting with a chrome finish.
- Blade: The blade of the Jian has been constructed from through hardened forge folded 1095 carbon steel. It has been folded 13 times, creating 8192 grain layers. The sword is fully capable of being used on traditional targets. The blade comes full tang and sharp.
- Scabbard: The scabbard is masterfully done with the wood contouring to the shape of the sword. The pommel of the scabbard is brass with a flower design on each side. The scabbard throat fits seamlessly into to the guard.
- Guard: The guard is polished brass with carved Chinese flowers design.
- Handle: The handle is natural rosewood with a brass pommel also features carved Chinese flowers design. A high quality yellow tassel is attached onto the tip of pommel.
- The jian includes a high quality silk bag.
- Handmade 1095 Carbon Steel Blade (13 folds, 8192 layers).
- The blade comes full tang and sharp.
- Scabbard: The scabbard is a high quality rosewood with brass fittings.
- Handle: The habaki is brass. The tang is singled pinned